Saturday, April 23, 2011

PLUS SIZE CLOTHES STORES IN THE PHILIPPINES

Hello Ladies,


I know that in our country, dressing up for a plus-size woman is very hard, plus the fact that it is much 'more' expensive than the usual, finding a perfect shop is as hard as getting a cab during friday-night-pay-day. So to less  haggard and trouble, I'l share some places/shops that I do know, like and visit that might help you. 






1. SM Department store PLUS SIZE section for women. Whether the brand is Balleno or others, you can easily find clothes here that you can wear in all occasions or even the plain maong pants and shirt porma that everybody wants to wear. I always go here especially those days that I kept on buying 'panglabas shorts' as I call it :)


2. The BIG shop. You can find it in almost all SM branches or malls near you. I dont know if its just me or what but I dont usually like their style coz I feel that it's kinda too old for my age hahaha! tho Im not saying that there outfits are not nice, Its just that they aren't my type prolly. 


3. Wish Do Come True. This is a shop in Tutuban Mall Annex, most of their style is Korean and I can always get a blouse that fit perfect to me. Its a lot cheaper than the other stores that I mentioned and the quality of the blouses and pants are good.


4. Tubby. It can be found in most of the malls here in the metro. They're a bit expensive tho and if you wanna know how their style look, just look at Jessica Soho coz most of her look is from Tubby. I dont usually recommend Tubby for all the teenage girls out there, coz the style might be different.


5. Landmark. I would say that Landmark is the 'Sosyal' version of Tutuban hahaha! but they also have lots of plus sizes clothes/brands that you can choose from. Good thing about it is that most of it is affordable :)


6. 168. On the top floor of 168, you will be amazed to see plus-sizes shops. Most of them are selling dresses that look awesome :) but just be careful and make sure that you fit them first coz most of their dresses are too big and doesnt have curves hihihi :) but you can maybe have it altered anyways. Dresses usually cost around 800php and you can even ask for a discount.


7. Herbench. If you are still a teen and you are on the XL, XXL, and XXXL sizes, you can definitely find nice blouses and shirts in Bench. The good thing about their shop is that they are somewhat stretchable and very fashionable.


8. Maldita. When I was still required to wear slacks in the office, I would buy one in Maldita especially if they're having a sale coz I can get a 70% off :) I would suggest to go to their shop when they have a sale coz you can get a better deal.


9. Shopforplus. Shop for plus shop is actually a multiply shop. This is a perfect shop for all the lads out there who doesnt have enough time to go to the mall and waste 5hrs to just look for a perfect dress. I really like this shop :)  just visit the website so you would know http://shopforplus.multiply.com 


10. Avon/Boardwalk. I think this is the most common and best for busy people. They also have different looks to chose from, just make sure to check the back page coz most of the time, the plus size clothes are on sale :) The problem that I'm seeing with this, is that, you might bumped in to someone that is wearing the same thing that you are wearing hahaha!


ALWAYS REMEMBER:


1. Try it first before buying, Don't be to shy to ask for the fitting room.


2. Check it first before buying or might as well look for a new stock.


3. Dont feel down if the tindera tells you that you are fat or worst uber fat. The tindera is simply uneducated to tell that to her customers.


4. Don't wear a MATERNITY cloth especially if you are not pregnant. 


5. BE POSITIVE in trying some new styles :) 

37 comments:

  1. You are so right, but at least plus-size fashin is getting bigger na. Thanks for the listing all the good places to buy clothes.

    Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  2. very helpful... tnx for this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Ava clothes at SM Department stores. I like their designs from office to casual attires. and perfect fit which is usually the challenge for plus size girls like me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! you are much love ;) If you know some shops for curvy girls like us, please feel free to share it. ♥ Steph

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to check shop plus size clothing online too. You can choose from a lot of designs all over the world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Accurate measurements with great fashion style for plus size women :)

    http://www.ebay.ph/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570&_nkw=prettydressedup+plus&_sacat=See-All-Categories

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog was a great help for a plus size me!! Thanks! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm really big..gonna check out the shops that you mentioned..

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The major problem with much of the clothing is the fabric. As a foreigner I find it almost impossible to find light cotton clothing suitable for the climate. For some reason shops such as Tubby (really is that an insulting name or what?) make their clothes using synthetics rather than lovely cotton, linen and cotton gauze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha i totally agree with the name thingee!..

      Delete
    2. Tubby pronounce as to -be (to be sexy)...

      Delete
  11. Super helpful, thanks! :) Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi!!! ask ko lng kung san exact floor sa 168!!! tnx..
    your blog is a big HELP :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. second building of 168 at the third floor,, meron dun Bilbil ang brand

      Delete
  13. nice info, it helps a lot.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the info! now im confident to wear dresses that would really fit me

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the info, im off to manilla in December and was wondering if they had any stores for the curvaceous women:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like 168, Tutuban Mall and SM Department Stores. Specially SM Clearance Sale Quiapo. Maraming plus sizes clothes there na very affordable price. As in very affordable kasi they always have 50% off. (Even bags,shoes, acessories, etc.) Who needs Tubby anyway. =P

    ReplyDelete
  17. uso ang blazer ngayon can you help me find a shop na may affordable blazer? ty

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aloha! you can try FOREVER21! ;) Kaso its ranging from 1600php and up. hmm..To be honest I havent seen any good quality blazer sa 168 :( but you can try to go in Lucky China Mall.

    ReplyDelete
  19. you can also try this facebook online store. concept store for plus size ladies :)

    http://www.facebook.com/tindahangpinay

    ReplyDelete
  20. Try plussieplussize@yahoo.com in facebook

    ReplyDelete
  21. yun po bang wish docome true sa tutubanmall annex sa first floor po??

    ReplyDelete
  22. Meron pa ba nung sa tutuban annes ung wish do come true ?

    ReplyDelete
  23. tnx for this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Try to find an online store in the Philippines that sells dresses. Or go to Divisoria, my mom bought a cute yellow dress and it really fits with her.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I like Essenxa. Most of my best slacks are of that brand.

    ReplyDelete
  26. But most of the plus size clothes require big boobies.. and I'm flat as a board.. T_T
    I'ts either I'm too big for normal clothes or I'm too flat for plus size.. FML

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks a lot. Its a great help. God bless

    ReplyDelete
  28. Saragossa Jackets: one-of-a-kind, reversible jackets made from upcycled vintage saris with kantha hand stitching. http://saragossafashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Anng floor po ba sa sm manila yung women plus

    ReplyDelete
  30. Anng floor po ba sa sm manila yung women plus

    ReplyDelete
  31. Its actually true most of the style for plus size women fit for mature women :(

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi i just started my online business named FADORABLE. We are selling Plus Size Apparel.

    You may want to add me and check my wall for more info.

    You can also follow us in INSTAGRAM:
    https://instagram.com/yourfadorableshop1?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=1l7ky13s6btmo

    Shopee: https://shopee.ph/ladieegeek?smtt=0.0.9

    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/yourfadorableshop1/

    WE WILL BE UPLOADING MORE ITEMS SOON. ❤️

    ReplyDelete